- General Certification
- Exam Guidance
- All About PDUs
- Online PDU Reporting
- Certification Suspension
Do I have to be a CAPM, PMP, or a PMI member to apply for other PMI certifications?
- No. There is no certification that will serve as a prerequisite for another. You need not to b e a PMI member to apply for the certification although being a member has some benefits.
How do I earn a PMI certification?
- To obtain a PMI certification, you must first meet the eligibility requirements. Then you apply for the examination and most importantly, pass the examination.
How do I complete the application?
What supporting documentation should I send with my application?
- When submitting an application, you do not need to send a documentation. However, you will be required to send supporting documentation if your application is selected for a random audit.
Once I pass the exam or evaluations, what is next?
- You may refer to yourself as a certification holder although your certificate package can take six to eight weeks to arrive in the mail.
- You can also start making plans for maintaining your certification by familiarizing yourself with the Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program and its requirements. For more details about the CCR program, CLICK HERE
How do I schedule a certification exam appointment?
- Once you are eligible, PMI will e-mail you examination scheduling instructions.
- Follow the instructions to schedule your exam appointment at a testing center. PMI also offers online proctored exam for CAPM certification only. You can schedule your exam appointment online or by telephone.
- Note: You will need to have submitted your certification fees and received your examination scheduling instructions in order to schedule an exam appointment.
Where will the examination be given?
- All PMI exams, with the exception of the CAPM, are offered at approved Prometric Testing Centers worldwide. You can check for locations on Prometric’s website
- For the CAPM exam, you can check for locations on Pearson VUE’s website . You can also take your CAPM exam in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor through Pearson VUE.
Are the exams available in languages other than English?
- The PMP, CAPM, and PMI-ACP exams are translated into multiple languages. Please consult the respective certification handbooks for details on specific languages available.
If I fail the exam, can I take it again?
- If you fail the exam on your first attempt, you can re-take it two more times within your one-year eligibility period. Fees are associated with re-examination. Details for re-examination can be found in the certification handbook.
What happens if my eligibility expires and I have not taken the exam?
- Your application is valid for one (1) year from the date of approval. If you allow your eligibility to lapse, you must re-apply.